Welcome :)

Welcome to My Blog. I just started this on March 6th, 2011. This blog will be about my life and my family.

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

1 Month Health/Postpartum Update

Hey everyone so I am now 1 month postpartum and I decided today I would do a update on how this last month went for me. I will do a 1 month update on Chloe but I am doing hers separate from mine. This post is all about me and how my health has been lately.

Okay so on March 10th, 2013 I had my C-section where I had gave birth to my daughter Chloe. I can honestly say the first week after the C-section was the worst! I was at the point where I didn't even wanna try to walk around, all I wanted to do was stay in bed. Day by day though I got up and walked more and more just so it can become easier. My mom had vacation leave so she was there to help me with Chloe. After the C-section I already went down to the weight that I was almost at before I had gotten pregnant.

When I came home from the hospital I had a horrible cough that it hurt my C-section incision. I hated to cough and soon it gotten worse to where I couldn't breathe that good and on top of that I started to have a fever that wouldn't go away. Of course after my C-section my doctor did prescribe me pain medicine that did help with the pain of my C-section. I ended up having to go to the ER because I couldn't breathe. Once there they did blood work and stuff to find out that I had bronchitis and my liver enzymes were high because of the pain medicine I was prescribe to take after my C-section. So they ended up having to change my pain medicine and give me antibiotics.

It took till about the 3rd week for me to start feeling better and where I was up walking around a lot. My incision barely hurts me now. I had my 2 week postpartum check up with my doctor and he prescribed me medicine for my back because I been having horrible back pain since my C-section. It's mostly muscle spasms.

Now this is the 4th week postpartum and I am feeling much better. My incision barely hurts, my cough is gone and my back is hurting me less.

Last thing I wanted to mention is that I do have a little bit of Postpartum Depression. Some days are worse than others. My doctor said he can prescribe me something but I told him I wanted to wait till my 6 week postpartum check up to see if it gotten better.

My 6 week postpartum check up is April 26.

No comments:

Post a Comment